Inaugural Walking Tour Series: Modern Gems of Ambleside
Location: Ambleside waterfront
- Tuesday, July 4 (1–3 p.m.) | Tickets
- Tuesday, July 4 (1:30–3:30 p.m.) | Tickets
- Wednesday, July 5 (11 a.m.–1 p.m.) | Tickets
- Wednesday, July 5 (11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.) | Tickets
- Thursday, July 6 (2:30–4:30 p.m.) | Tickets
- Thursday, July 6 (3–5 p.m.) | Tickets
Join us during West Coast Modern Week for a two-hour tour (approximately three kilometers) around the Ambleside waterfront. Led by our experienced guides, the tour will explore several fascinating mid-century apartment buildings gracing Bellevue Avenue and Argyle Avenue. While observing the elements and features of the mid-century modern style, we will examine how the hallmarks of this iconic style were uniquely incorporated into West Coast architecture.
Registration and check-in will be at the West Vancouver Art Museum. From there, the tour will explore the surrounding area and conclude at the West Vancouver Memorial Library, where participants will have the opportunity to reflect on the tour and view some of the tour’s featured buildings in miniature form at the exhibition on display, The Bricktacular West Coast Modern Show: Paul Hetherington.
There are several tour dates/times available during the week, but space is limited to 15 people per tour.